Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Maxon Cemetery

This past weekend we were in Michigan for my father-in-law's 102nd birthday and I suspect that we will be attending more birthday parties for him in the future. Despite the fact that he doesn't hear very well and uses a walker he is in pretty good shape.  When we arrived in Michigan on Thursday afternoon and heading for Clinton Township, we headed west toward Jackson County. In the latter part of the 19th century my 2nd great-grandparents, Fellows and Mary Hare Weed, and later my great-grandparents, Francis Maloney and Sarah Weed Maloney, moved from Rochester, NY to Leoni Twp., MI.

The last time I visited the Maxon Cemetery in Leoli I saw the tombstones of my ancestors but forgot my camera. This time I didn't want to miss it. Here are some of the tombstones.

Francis Maloney and Sarah Weed Maloney Hawkins

Fellows Obel Weed
My 2nd great-grandmother, Mary Hare Weed is buried next to Fellows Weed but the stone is missing. The only thing left is the base. Additional photos to my great-grandmother's Maloney and Weed descendants graves are found at my Flickr account.




No comments: