Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sarah Palin - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Like everyone else on the planet my first question when John McCain picked Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate was, "Gov. Who?" Since then I have had the opportunity to see and hear the two sessions she had with news persons. (Conservatives like to include the session with Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity but that session might as well have been conducted by Rick Davis - McCain's campaign manager - or someone from the Republican National Committee.) Recently some prominent conservatives have raised concerns about the agonizing interviews. Some have even suggested that she be replaced. As a Democrat, I say, "Keep her! She is a gift that keeps on giving!" However, I must admit that watching some of her interviews makes me feel sorry for her. She seems like a school kid who is giving a oral book report when she had neglected to read the book or even to read the Cliffs Notes!

Each time I see a rerun of some of her atrocious answers I have a vague feeling that I have seen it before. And then it dawned on me what it was. See after the jump.


3 comments:

Michael La Porte said...

Uncle Pat:

I couldn't agree more.

Your Nephew,

Michael

Unknown said...

Michael,

If you had not seen SNL last night look at it at http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/couric-palin-open/704042/.

I think Fey is a better Palin than Palin herself.

Uncle Pat

Anonymous said...

Pat -- when did you start a blog? You're so hip!