Pages

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Swine Flu and a Nation of Morons

Harvard's School of Public Health has surveyed the public concerning the Swine Flu (H1N1) and their results are here. The results show that as a nation we are somewhat aware of the virus but less about what it is and what to do about it. I heard about it this morning on NPR as I took my daily 15 mile bike ride. When I heard the result of question number 17 in the survey I almost fell off my bike because I was laughing so hard. Asked "have you or has someone in your household done any of the following?", I was not surprised at the number who washed their hands, etc. What floored me was that 17% of the respondents "avoided Mexican restaurants or grocery store!" This just convinced me that, as I expected, we are a nation of morons!

No comments: