Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Hawkins in the 1900 Federal Census in Michigan

In 1900 my maternal grandfather, Fred Maloney, had left Leoni Township, Mi and returned to Rochester, NY where he was born. We have seen that census record in Rochester here.  His mother, my great-grandmother, Sarah Weed Maloney Hawkins, was still in Leoni Township and she is shown in the 1900 Federal Census in Michigan. This sheet shows a number of families on Hawkins Road in Leoni.  

At line 54 is William and Alice Hawkins. William (Will) was the son of my great-grandmother and was my grandfather's half-brother. The next family (line 57) is the family of William and Celia McGill, the parents of Fred Maloney's first wife, Jennie, who died in 1897.

At line 64 is the family of another William Hawkins. This William Hawkins was born in 1862 in Michigan and it is possible that he may be a brother of John Hawkins, my great-grandmother's husband.

Line 72 is the entry for John Hawkins, my great-grandmother's husband. In addition to my great-grandmother, Sarah, are two of their children, Harold and Alice, my grandfather's half-siblings. I don't know where my grandfather's siblings, Mary Frances and Nelly in 1900 although I suspect that Mary Frances was living in Jackson.
Hawkins in 1900 Federal Census in Michigan.

No comments: